Expanding The Capabilities
Of Your Instrument System...At An Affordable Price.
|Providing the most comprehensive
solution available on the market today for supplementing your instruments. Tested and
proven worldwide for 15 years.
CompuSail truly bridges the gap, integrating your instrument &
navigation systems to automatically provide strategic, performance & navigation
CompuSail instantly transforms your
existing systems to finally make them work for you as you would like:
Seamlessly integrates with Windows 95
with full graphics capabilities!
recent years, CompuSail has helped race winners from all over the world, including the
Fastnet Race & Admirals Cup, Block Island Race Week, Chicago-Mackinac, Bermuda Race,
SORC, and TransPac, where in each of the last 5 races, 9 of the first 10 boats to finish
were using CompuSail!
Language used CompuSail to dynamically record and refine their polar data while winning
the '97-'98 Whitbread Around the World Race!
Yet Remarkably Easy to use!
CompuSail sends the information you need
right out to your existing deck displays.
A below-deck operator is not required!
works with any instrument system with either RS-232 or NMEA output; B&G, KVH Quadro,
Nexus, Ockam and others.
CompuSail Grand Prix
Edition's extensive features include:
- - High Resolution Strip Charts
of all monitored data, including wind speed and direction, with user selected time
- - Graphic Views of Start Line &
Current Leg, w/ boat position, laylines, rhumb line, navigational &
performance data all on one screen & in scale.
- - Scaled View of Race Course
showing marks, hazards, and continuous plot of boat's track around the course.
- - Target Boat Speed & Target
Wind Angle For Beats, Reaches and Runs.
- - Easy-To-Read Short & Long Term Wind
Speed & Direction Averaging Takes The Guesswork Out Of Strategic Planning.
- - Current set/drift is derived in
real-time; "current" effect shown for all calculated data, this leg and
- - Degree of Advantage This
Tack/Jibe vs Opposite Tack/Jibe.
- - Optimum Headings This
Tack and Opposite Tack.
- - Layline Monitoring: Time
& Distance-To-Go To Layline, Time & Distance-To-Go To Opposite Layline.
- - Next- Leg Calculations:
apparent wind speed & angle, optimum heading, layline distances, advantaged tack/jibe.
- - Sail Selection Prompting
for each leg of the course.
- - Timing Functions: Race
Clock Timing & Stopwatches.
- - Dynamic VMC Boat Speed,
Wind Angle & Course to steer, "what-if" net effect analysis for anticipated
- - High Accuracy Dynamic Current Set
& Drift calculations.
- - Automatic Course Creation
for windward/leeward & olympic courses; utilizes saved mark lists & courses (which
can be prepared at home in advance) for point-to-point races.
- - Automatic Range & Bearing
to all marks.
- - Speed Of Advance, Time To
Go To Mark, & Back Rng/Brng.
- - Net Effective Course & Speed
- - Dynamic Current (tidal) Modified
Courses To Steer.
- - Great Circle
- - Data Logging for future
- - Continuous Polar Speed Performance
Monitor: A benchmark that's great for keeping crew sharp on distance races.
- - Performance Evaluation:
short and long term performance function averaging; a quantified protocol for testing
sails, sail combinations, trim techniques, etc.
- - Automatic Time Allowance
Calculations For IMS (including PCS), PHRF & IOR: at the press of a button,
determines time allowed/owed to each boat at any mark.
- - High Definition True Polar Tables
and Diagrams are automatically generated and updated while your boat is sailing, producing
highly accurate (vs theoretical) target speeds; includes manipulation and comparison
- - Built-in "Auto-Cal"
routines that finally produce a reliable and stable mag wind solution for all instrument
- - Yacht Management Record Keeping
(crew rosters, inventory, maintenance scheduling).
- - PC RS-232 Compatible Sailing Instruments,
such as B&G 6/790 (or HYDRA 330 w/upgrade), KVH Quadro, Ockam or Signet Smart-Pak,
- - OR ANY NMEA CAPABLE INSTRUMENT SYSTEM! -
including Nexus sailing instruments
- - IBM/PC compatible computer:
- (a) Intel 8086-8, 286, 386 SX/L/DX, 486 SX,
Cyrix 486 SLC; all with 80x87 math co-processor, or
- (b) 486 DX or 586 or higher Pentium.
- - Multitasking requires Windows 95,
otherwise Win 3.x or DOS.
- - Recommended: GPS or Loran (w/ NMEA 0183
output). Differential GPS improves real-time tidal current calculations.